1: Choose a Niche and Problem: Focus on a specific niche or topic that has demand and addresses a common problem or interest.
2: Identify Pain Points: Research your audience’s pain points and provide solutions that address their needs effectively.
3: Clear Objective: Define a clear purpose for your report. Is it to inform, educate, solve a problem, or provide insights? Knowing this helps to guide how you will present your information.
4: In-Depth Research: Thoroughly research your topic to ensure accuracy and credibility.
5: Actionable Insights: Offer practical and actionable insights that readers can apply immediately.
6: Unique Angle: Present your content from a unique perspective to stand out from existing information.
7: Storytelling: Incorporate anecdotes, case studies, or real-life examples to make your content relatable.
8: Visuals: Use charts, graphs, images, and infographics to illustrate key points and enhance understanding.
9: Clear Structure: Organize your report with a clear introduction, main points, and conclusion.
10: Brevity: Keep your content concise, eliminating unnecessary fluff and repetition.
Next, Presentation and Delivery:
1: Compelling Title: Craft a catchy and relevant title that immediately captures attention.
2: Engaging Introduction: Start with a captivating introduction that outlines the problem and the benefits of reading the report.
3: Subheadings: Use descriptive subheadings to break up content and make it easy to skim.
4: Bullet Points: Summarize key points using bullet lists for quick comprehension.
5: Formatting: Use a clean and professional design that’s easy on the eyes and enhances readability.
6: Font and Typography: Choose a readable font and use formatting (bold, italics, etc.) to emphasize important information.
7: White Space: Use ample white space to avoid overwhelming readers and create a clean layout.
8: Consistent Branding: Maintain a consistent visual style that aligns with your brand or identity.
9: Mobile-Friendly: Ensure your report is responsive and easily readable on various devices, including smartphones and tablets.
10: Language and Tone: Write in a conversational tone that’s easy to understand and resonates with your target audience.
Finally, Value Proposition:
1: Solve Problems: Address specific problems your audience faces and provide effective solutions.
2: Expert Insights: Share expert opinions, interviews, or quotes to add authority to your report.
3: Up-to-Date Information: Include the latest data, trends, and information to make your report relevant.
4: Exclusive Content: Offer unique content that’s not readily available elsewhere.
5: Resource Links: Provide additional resources, tools, or references that enhance the value of your report.
6: Checklists and Templates: Include actionable checklists or templates that readers can use in their own endeavors.
7: Step-by-Step Guides: Break down complex processes into step-by-step guides for easy implementation.
8: Real Results: Highlight real-world examples where your strategies or solutions have delivered tangible results.
9: Limited-Time Offer: Create a sense of urgency by offering the report for a limited time or at a special price.
10: Feedback Loop: Encourage readers to provide feedback and incorporate their suggestions to improve future reports.
Value and Key Insights
Remember, the key to creating reports that people are willing to pay for lies in delivering value that solves their problems, provides insights, and helps them achieve their goals.
Continuously refine your approach based on feedback and market trends to ensure your reports remain in demand.
So Good They Would Pay to Get It
And if you are giving your reports away to build a list or as bonuses for product sales, those reports still need to be so completely awesome and irresistible that the customer would pay good money for them if asked. Anything short of this and you’ll have just another few pages that no one wants to read.
Use These for Endless Product Ideas, Too
One more thing: In case you haven’t realized it, all of these ideas and topics for free reports can also be used for PAID PRODUCTS. Just saying. With all of these ideas, you are sitting on a virtual goldmine of product ideas that you can tap into for the next 20 years.
Last month we covered 20 different types of reports you might want to create, but that was only the start. Today we are going to cover 15 more, and next month we’ll finish up with the last 15. Let’s get started:
21: Age-Specific Guides
You can tailor knowledge for every life stage. For example, if you’re a workout coach, you could tailor exercises for every age group. If you teach retirement planning, you could tailor your expertise to people in their 20’s, 30’s, 40’s and 50’s. More examples:
- Fueling Curiosity: Creative Strategies for Educating 3-8 Year Olds Beyond the Classroom
- Kickstart Excellence: Expert-Designed Soccer Training Sessions Tailored for 8-12 Year Olds
- Financial Freedom Unleashed: Your Path to Retiring by 35 and Embracing a Work-Free Life
- Silver Surfer Startups: The Complete Handbook for Seniors Venturing into Online Business
- From Clash to Connection: Building Bridges and Nurturing Respect with Your Strong-Willed Teenager
22: Barriers and Mistakes
When pursuing any endeavor, there are common pitfalls and mistakes that can hinder progress. By creating a small report that focuses on identifying and avoiding these barriers and mistakes, you can provide valuable insights and strategies for overcoming them.
Case Study: Chuck McCullough developed a highly popular product, “Affiliate Mistakes,” which highlighted common errors made by affiliate marketers and offered solutions. This product gained significant traction upon its release at AffiliateMistakes.com. More examples:
- 7 Costly Mistakes New Entrepreneurs Make (And How to Steer Clear of Them)
- Navigating the Job Search: Top 10 Mistakes to Avoid
- Breaking Through Barriers: Overcoming Procrastination for Maximum Productivity
- The Hidden Challenges of Home Renovation Projects (and How to Overcome Them)
- Financial Pitfalls to Avoid: 5 Common Money Mistakes and How to Prevent Them
23: Busy Person’s Guide
People are too busy today. “Solve my problem? I don’t have time.” But if you offer them “The Busy Person’s Guide,” then they know you’re not going to waste their time. This type of headline essentially eliminates a person’s excuse for not solving their problem or getting the result they seek. Since this is for busy people, make sure you place an outline or cheat sheet in the report for people who are too busy to read the entire report. Most people will read the outline first, realize they need more info and then read the rest of the report. Also, be sure that what you share in the report provides quick results when implemented. Examples:
- The Busy Person’s Power-Packed Blueprint for Time Management Mastery
- Unleash Your Inner Dynamo: The Busy Person’s Guide to Turbocharged Healthy Eating
- Ignite Your Energy: The Busy Person’s High-Voltage Guide to Lightning-Fast Fitness
- Traveler’s Jedi Manual: The Busy Person’s Guide to Epic Short Trips
- Love Amplified: The Busy Person’s Guide to Supercharged Personal Relationships
- Digital Dynamo Decoded: The Busy Person’s Guide to Unstoppable Online Presence
24: Faster and Easier
The goal here is to position your report as valuable information that helps readers accomplish a specific task more quickly and easily than before.
For example, many people struggle with getting their websites listed on search engines. However, with the help of information-based products available today, such as online courses, you can now achieve this in a matter of days or even hours, instead of weeks or months. More examples:
- 7 Quick Techniques for Boosting Your Social Media Engagement
- How to Streamline Your Daily Commute in 5 Easy Steps
- The Fastest Way to Learn a New Language
- Simplify Your Tax Filing Process with These 5 Tips
- Mastering Time Management: 10 Strategies for Increased Productivity
25: Monetize Passions
Turning hobbies into profitable ventures is always a hot topic because people would love to make money doing something they already enjoy. You are essentially teaching how to turn an existing endeavor into a money-making opportunity. First, identify the passions of your target demographic and then provide them with a concise guide demonstrating how they can monetize those passions. By doing so, you’re bound to strike gold. Examples:
- Crafting for Cash: How to Sell Your Handmade Jewelry
- From Amateur Photographer to Paid Professional: Monetizing Your Passion for Photography
- Make Money Blogging About Fitness and Health
- Pet Lovers’ Guide to Starting a Profitable Pet Sitting Business
- Turning Your Home Cooking into a Catering Business
- How to Launch a YouTube Channel and Earn Money from Your Videos
26: The Proven Way
People are naturally skeptical, so if you can prove to them that what you say is true, they are much more likely to want what you offer. There is something about placing the word “proven” into a title or headline that grabs attention and even breaks through skepticism because at heart people truly want to believe there is a solution that will work for them. Examples:
- Brainpower Unleashed: The Proven Way to Skyrocket Mental Clarity and Focus Naturally
- Wealth Magicians: The Proven Way to Forge Financial Independence via Contrarian Investing
- Muscle Hackers’ Secret: The Proven Way to Unleash Workout Fury and Sculpt Your Dream Body
- The Proven Way to Flood Your Website with Traffic, Testimonials and Endorsements
- The Proven Way to Infuse Kids with Jedi Mind Tricks for Supreme Smarts
- Career Shape-shifters: The Proven Way to Change Careers Overnight and Double Your Income Every Time
- The Proven Way to Create a Successful, Profitable E-commerce Business in Six Months
27: The Simple Way
People can get so stressed over a problem that the solution seems overwhelmingly impossible and thus they take no action. But if you can show them a simple method to get to where they want to go, you’ll have a report that gets downloaded faster than a squirrel grabs a nut. Some examples:
- The Shockingly Simple Way to Triple Your Daily Productivity
- Unveiling the Astonishingly Simple Technique for Rapid Skill Domination
- Discover the Startlingly Simple Secret to Unbreakable Habits
- The Jaw-Droppingly Simple Method to Transform Your Chaotic Home
- Unlock the Surprisingly Simple Path to Financial Freedom
- Exposed: The Astonishingly Simple Nutrition Hack for Lifelong Health
- The Heart-Pounding Simple Way to Energize Your Mornings
28: Surprise and Curiosity
This report is all about curiosity. Your customers have already read plenty on the topic, so you need to surprise them with something new, something different, something that arouses their curiosity and makes them sit and go, WTF is that??? Here are some new examples:
- Neuromarketing Revelation: How Manipulating Brainwaves Boosts Conversion Rates 434%
- The Art of Subliminal Advertising: The Hidden Messages Inside Your Own Brand
- From Clicks to Cravings: The Forbidden Psychology Behind Social Media Selling
- The Marketing Black Box: Decoding the Dark Secrets of Viral Campaigns
- Hijacking Attention: Winning the War for the 8-Second Consumer Engagement Window
- Beyond ‘Buy Now’: The Science of Crafting Compulsive Purchase Urges
- The Secret Lives of Influencers: Authenticity vs. Bull**** in Social Media Marketing
Btw, if you should write any one of the above reports, please send it to me, because I can’t wait to read it.
29: Survival Strategies
Some problems seem almost too daunting to tackle and some challenges seem insurmountable, which is why you might write a survival guide on not only navigating the problems but also learning to thrive. Examples:
- The Survival Guide to Thriving in the Urban Jungle: Navigating City Life with Confidence
- The Survival Guide to Remote Work: Mastering Productivity and Balance from Anywhere
- The Survival Guide to Divorce: Rebuilding Your Life and Learning to Love Again
- The Survival Guide to Bankruptcy: Rebuilding Your Financial Future with Resilience and Strategic Planning
- The Survival Guide to Parenting Adolescents: Navigating the Teenage Years with Patience and Understanding
- The Survival Guide to Adventure Travel: Exploring the Unknown Safely and Responsibly
30: Top 10
This is an awesome topic, since it can apply to almost anything. The top ten resources, top ten terrifying movies, top ten ways to annoy your baby sister. People never get tired of top ten lists. More examples:
- The Top 10 Ways to Improve Your Productivity at Work.
- The Top 10 DIY Home Improvement Projects for Beginners.
- The Top 10 Strategies to Boost Your Social Media Engagement.
- The Top 10 Investment Opportunities for Financial Growth.
- The Top 10 Science Experiments to Fascinate Your Kids.
- The Top 10 Most Annoying Villains on Dr. Who
31: Transforming the Familiar
Teach readers to take something they already possess and transform it into something significantly more appealing. Present it in the classic “how-to” step-by-step structure and use a topic that surprises and delights. Examples:
- How To Turn Your Boring, Stagnant Marriage Into The Most Exciting Relationship Of Your Life
- How To Turn Every Job Interview Into An Immediate Job Offer, And Even Score A Position Higher Than You Applied For
- How To Turn Your Clutter Into The Growth Opportunity Of A Lifetime
- How To Turn Your Current Skills Into A Million-Dollar Business
- How To Turn Your Ex-Spouse Into Your Biggest Advocate And Best Friend
32: Unlocking Professional Insights
Everybody wants to uncover the secrets used by others to gain fame, fortune, love and good health. You’re offering to reveal what the experts know about something that is not common knowledge to everyone else. Pull back the curtain, offer insider secrets and you’ve got an in-demand report that people will clamor for. Just be sure to deliver on your promises. Examples:
- Insider’s Guide: Master the Art of Persuasion with Covert Communication Techniques
- Secrets of the Elite: How to Access Exclusive Networking Circles for Success
- Unlocking Immortality: Lost Wisdom on Longevity and Age-Defying Practices
- Mind Control Unleashed: A Deep Dive into Subliminal Influence and Mental Domination
- Proven Profit Patterns: Uncovering the Hidden Blueprints of Successful Investors
- Forbidden Healing: Ancient Remedies and Cures that Challenge Modern Medicine
33: Uplifting Tales of Triumph
In a world where self-doubt and setbacks often cloud the path to success, stories of resilience and motivation hold immense power. This type of report is dedicated to sharing captivating true narratives that serve not only to uplift readers’ spirits but also to impart valuable success strategies. Examples:
- Unveiling the Unstoppable Journey of a Woman: Shedding 100 Pounds and Transforming into a Fashion Icon
- From Struggles to Stratosphere: Chronicles of a Homeless Man’s Meteoric Rise to Forbes’ Top 500 Business Elites
- Crafting a Tale of Triumph: The Captivating Saga of a 16-Year-Old Literary Sensation
- Triumph Over Adversity: Extraordinary Accounts of Ten Warriors Who Triumphed Against Cancer’s Gloom
- A Testament to Timeless Love: Narratives of Five Couples Celebrating Over 50 Years of Marriage
34: Why You Can’t
Almost everyone has encountered a problem that they have tried to solve repeatedly, but have struggled to find a permanent solution. This report sheds light on the reasons why previous attempts may have failed and provides actionable steps to help readers achieve the desired results. It is important to approach the topic in a way that avoids blaming or offending the reader, as this can hinder their willingness to accept advice and may even lead to refund requests. Examples:
- Why You Can’t Achieve Success Without Embracing Failure
- Why You Can’t Underestimate the Power of Positive Thinking
- Why You Can’t Instantly Master a New Skill – The Science Behind Learning
- Why You Can’t Stop Gambling (Until Now)
- Why You Can’t Neglect Mental Health in the Pursuit of Professional Goals
- Why You Can’t Leave Social Media and Reclaim Your Real Life (Until Now)
35: X-Minute Guide Series
Show that readers can get relief to their problem starting in just a few minutes using slight changes that bring about huge differences and far better results, all while gaining this knowledge quickly and easily. Examples:
- The 5-Minute Guide to Effective Time Management
- The 10-Minute Guide to Mastering Basic Cooking Techniques
- The 30-Minute Guide to Building Your Personal Brand Online
- The 20-Minute Guide to Starting a Successful Blog
- The 10-Minute Guide to Understanding Cryptocurrency
- The 5-Minute Guide to Improving Your Posture and Relieving Back Pain
Next Month: The final 15 report topics with examples PLUS a one-page cheat sheet PLUS the story of how one man quietly built an empire using nothing more than free reports and a small website.
See you then!